♫: brendan benson - what i'm looking for
HK circa 2006
Whenever heaven permits that godly power be bestowed upon me to overcome the crippling evil that is oversleeping, I breakfast with the Grandpeople. Which rarely happens given that I'm heavily into vices. Alas, when I got up at 9 today, it was raining. The overcast sky in soporific lullaby; so tempting for me to go back to the comfort of my nightmare (usually involves me being a communist or escaping convict don't ask). But stabs, my heart aches for the Tanglin Halt vegetarian noodles that I haven't had in ages. So because of me we had breakfast later than usual. Mother of all Seows prides in having a private line to the humble kopitiam business (I bet they drive Astons) so we actually made it. FINALLY. OMGzxz, I die for THVB. Had the name of the Seows not have such gastronomic connections, we would have to queue for ages and be subjected to mere beehoon without noodles and hear this: No Extra Green Chilli. You should have seen Gran go the backdoor from the front, the heat of the scorn from hungry stomachs of queueing folks. They could almost spit out HCl and a dozen other gastric enzymes when they saw the noodles she had reserved and all they got were the shake of the head and 'beehoon only'. How aristocratic.
I also just learnt after 21 years that the dialectal swearing that the Mother of all Seows has been showering upon me from the onset of my existence actually means 'you're like testicles' in Hakkanese. Very Nice.
/3:05 PM