♫: anoraak - midnight starsSo. The world is your oyster. Why the hell must it be oyster anyway? One thing about that, I don't even like oysters. If you asked me, I'd much prefer my world to be escargot.
Let's see, I've been here for 7 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes, 57 seconds and counting now. Awesome, 'the world is my oyster' (cringe). With my granny breathing down my neck all the time I thought this would be horrible; the way she put it, Australia was a rank lower than Botswana in EIU's quality of life index. I offered serious contemplation to giving up a few pairs of jeans to squeeze in an M16 but apparently Emirates doesn't allow that in check-in baggage, even to Botswana. Food, weather, taking care of myself. I've been awesome (i use that a lot). Basically being alone is not much of a difference as being alone in my room in Singapore, except it's a different island. And I hear like vietnamese slash iranian voices in my corridor.
Some of the people I know here say I'm adapting really well. I'm glad I could pick up fast. For a pretty boring city and the diminutive circle of friends I have now, I have been pretty busy hanging out, finding stuff to do. I know Swanston Street like Orchard Road, the city like a section of Chatuchak. Of course, it's not perfect here, nor do I wish it to be. But I'll leave the whining and kvetches to another time.
LIST #385 LIKES ABOUT MLBRN AFTER 18 HOURS:
I like walking down to Melbourne Central with my iPod every time I head to the city.
I like the cold wind against my face.
I like stepping on the maple leaves on the streets.
I like food everywhere.
I like that no one laughs at me for eating chicken breast.
I like it that they usually only serve chicken breast.
I like the girls who smile at me when I sit across them in the tram.
I like the girls who don't smile at me when I sit across them in the tram.
I like not hearing Taylor Swift anywhere.
I like that they play music instead.
I like the flavour of mixed modern and victorian architecture.
I like the cloudless skies and electric wires.
I'll probably have more gripes and grouches when schools starts.
-from my bbI have so many random thoughts when I'm not stuck here blogging. I might just have a twitteriffic solution.
MORE SOON
SOON MORE
!
/1:08 AM